Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artist Statement


In my last class painting I am trying to convey a feeling of connectedness with positive overtones. I was casting about in my mind for something to say in a painting that would have real meaning for me. I was visiting my neighbors on their porch and it dawned on me that this experience has real meaning for me. Therefore I wanted to share this feeling in a painting.

This painting which I am naming "Porch Cocoon" is acrylic on canvas. I endeavored to use techniques I learned in class. It seems that I am drawn to unification and monochromatic aspects in paintings. I endeavored to work color and looseness into this painting.

My wish is that I have conveyed a feeling of a warm, safe and cozy place where friendships happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment